Of Nature

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Catch me on TV!!

Ok, been a while since I updated any latest happenings.

So, did you all catch me on Channel 8 on the Sunday passed? Haha.. yeah it was the broadcast of Giant Stars 2008. I didn't win anything, but then we got our consolation prizes also la. It was a really fruitful and good learning experience. And I enjoyed myself. And most importantly, most of the contestants STILL keep in touch. We have our weekly meetups and stuff. So its really nice!! :) Enjoying the company while BF is out lo.

And after this stint, I will actually be on TV again!! Haha.. Its the volleyball show that is on Channel 8!1 I got a small cameo part. It should be showing on the 22nd or 23rd of July. Heehee.. Show is at 9pm. And I got one or 2 lines haha.. We got to act with Jessica Liu! Haha. I'm happy for that experience as well. I'm considering if I should try for more haha. But then now my leave is a bit limited.

I think I shall wait after my this contract ends and see how things goes. :) I'm looking forward to the end of this year. Because alot of things will be accomplished by the end of this yr. If I keep up my payment to mum, I will be able to clear all the laptop and study debts with her. Also, I will have completed my CFA exams, so means no need to leave time for studies!! Would have won Miss Earth Singapore title (fingers crossed), and in turn represented Singapore in the International Stage at Manila. Do my part to spread the word of how every individual in Singapore can help save our Mother Nature in their daily lives.

And among alot of other things I would have accomplished. And when I get my completion bounus in March, I can look forward to a longer holiday!! And I can also start to do my roller balding again! Birthday is coming soon heehee.. getting Steffan to get me a own pair of my wheels heehee.. Then have to constantly practice. Then we can go to East Coast and do sports together. He will do his run, and I can roller blade! Once I have mastered it that is. In the meantime, I think I will practice downstairs at his void deck haha.. :P

So yup yup, the next 6 months will have many challenges ahead!

Work wise, things are ongoing. Just focusing on all my jobs at hand at the moment la. Not thinking so much of where it will lead me, or how are my other colleagues doing. When the time comes, I will know whether I should stay or leave la. Now I just do my best in all the things given to me lo. Not to doubt myself or my value in the team. Recently I noticed many a times pple don't know that I know pretty much stuff, because I'm quite lost to my footing in the team. But then I guess I just push on lo. Just do wat ever job comes to me. Must be more pro-active la. Like always answer users queries. Yeah must step out of my comfort zone. Haizz... tough step, but will really try harder. May have to do more affirmations or like just always be more conscious about it. Must agree that the good pay, good colleagues and working hours are an extremely plus point for this job la. No complains there. Just that prospects wise.... Yup, I think you get the drift.

Left with 4 days of leave until 31st March. Colleagues are telling me to keep leave to study for CFA. And I'm like huh? Haha.. In my mind is that if you study daily, I think dun really need to take leave ba. Exam is on a Sunday, full day. Which actually means I can study on Sat full day right.. Also, I signed up for like weekly lecture and intensive problem solving leh. Still not enough ah.. Hmmm... I really hope the money is well spent. And that also explains my lack of writing here la. Because whenever I have free time, I will bury myself in my books. Topics are still relatively light and easy, so still doing ok. Now we are going to the Maths part of it, and feeling a bit uncertain, but then still managing. Giving myself a chance with numbers, even though I am very bad at them in the good old days haha... And yes, even with the calculator! Ha...

Next thing on going is Miss Earth Singapore 2008! Saturday got Coastal Cleanup! Quite fun. Going to the mysteriou Sungei Buloh. I never been there lo haha.. Oops. is it very swakoo hahaha.. But I like doing this. This is the part I love about joininig Miss Earth. We don't just stand there and say say say, but we really do get our hands dirty and walk the talk!! I did aspire to be a team of the environmentalist that does cleanup in the sea when I learn scuba diving. So yup yup, that is also part of my plan. But since scuba is not coming true yet, gotta take a step at a time. :) It will be so meaningful. :)

Ok, time to get back to work. Although the person I need advice from not really here hmmm... I think should be ok la. Maybe will drop him a mail or discuss after lunch. More posts in the night if I am up to it.

This is a long long post haha..

No comments: