Many pple I meet ask me what pageants have I joined. And they are quite surprised that I 'jump' from pageant to pageant in such a short time. I must admit, I'm surprised myself too! Haha...
Age is catching up. Well, that's of course not the main reason I join the pagaents. I have ALWAYS wanted to join Miss Singapore Universe. And this is a good chance for me! It being not telecast was something that actually attracted me to joining. And when it was done, it was like a been there done that feeling. I feel accomplished. That I DID what I set out to do. I of course coveted for the crown. But I also took this chance to let myself grow. It has to be one of the MOST stressful time of my life. It also taught me that when something you value so much, and you grab on so tightly to hold on to it, you usually end up losing yourself. And for that brief moment, I felt I was lost.
And next I had Giant Stars. This was purely by chance. Must say I was eyeing the prize money la haha.. But this was really by chance and good luck. I just went for audition, and somehow I got in lo haha. So carry on la. :) It was not part of my plan, but a surprise on my journey.
Along the way, there was Miss World, which I contemplated to join, and I ALMOST did. Well, its one of the big 4, and it was my LAST year. Age limit was 25.. although actually next yr still can.. but but but, an experience in the past made me decided not to join la. Shall not mention it here. But as the contest progressed, I had the chance to monitor and well, lo and behold, the same thing happened again la. So it was a RIGHT decision for me not to have participated. And I have not regretted that decision.
So there was Miss Earth Singapore, which I am in now. I'm enjoying this process. I love the cause of this pageant, and how all the like minded people are together to spread the awareness. I no longer limit my conservation ideas to myself. I like to share them with people. And I can feel how powerful and important my words will be if I were Miss Earth Singapore. So, yes, really like this pageant as well. And the best part, the pre-judging's on my birthday!! hahaha.. I will be so happy that day and hope my special day will bring me lots of luck. :)
As I have gone along the roads of joining pageants, with the support of my friends, I really did grow alot. Now I can understand what people mean when they say that joining pageants is a way of learning more about yourself and discovering yourself. I have learnt alot more about myself. My prsonality that have been hidden is coming forward. Enjoying life, adn finding a passion for life. And I learn that I am alot stronger then I think I am. I can do things that I have set my sight and goals on. Dreams are not something that you can only dream of. Sometimes, nature and the higher beings have a way of doing things. And many a times, we just have to be sincere and truly ask for what you want, and you can get it. This, I learnt in this short journey of mine in pageant.
Dare to dream, and dream big!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment