Of Nature

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

WHITE DAY

WOW CSI Season 6 IS BACK!!!

Didn;t know it was going to be screened on tv until I saw the trailer a while sgo on Channel 5. So I stuck on and watched the first episode even though I watched it once already. I'm just too addicted to the show heh heh.

Boss was on course today, and he will be on course tomorrow as well!! Yippee!! That explains how I can leave the office at 530, be home about 6+ and watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! And its JUST SIMPLY AND TOTALLY FANTASTIC!! It is really like a dream come true, to see all the things you have read in the book come to life. And the director took great pains to make everything as real as possible. Johnny Depp is also able to portray the character so well! He look so innocent when all the pranks were pulled on the little children. The amazing factory is really something everybody can ever dream of! I just feel like reading roald dahl's books all over again. I remember Roald Dahl's books were always the most popular books in the library. It was hard to get your hands on those books. After checking the National Library Catalogue, it's still hard to find those books till this day haha.

Well, seems liek slping early did help my eye bags a bit. Mebbe a wee bit ba. But better den nothing haha.

The office feels so much greater when boss is not around. I guess all of us are less tense, since he wont come and bother us. Going to dread boss coming back on thursday.. No offense if boss is reading this haha..

Its white day today. Got the following definition off Wikipedia.

White Day is a festival that was created by a concentrated marketing effort in Japan. White Day is celebrated in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan on March 14, one month after Valentine's Day. On Valentine's Day, women give gifts to men; on White Day, men who received chocolate on Valentine's Day return the favor and give gifts to women. This holiday is also beginning to catch on in America[citation needed].

There are many theories about the origins of White Day, but according to one, the holiday began in 1965, when a marshmallow maker started marketing to men that they should pay back the women who gave them chocolate and other gifts with marshmallows. Originally it was called Marshmallow Day, and later it was changed to White Day.

Soon, the chocolate companies started realizing that they could capitalize as well on this day, and began marketing white chocolate. Now, Japanese men give both white and non-white chocolate, as well as other edible and non-edible gifts, such as jewellery or objects of sentimental value, to the women who were kind enough to think of them and give them chocolate on Valentine's Day a month prior.

In South Korea, candies are the usual present.


Well, I'm a sucker for White Day haha. So Steffan bought white chocolates for me heehee.. I like the significance of it. And its good excuse for me to have chocolates haha. And I think its a sweet practice heh heh.

I'm now counting down to the day when I cannot wait any longer, or when I know there is little hope for me. Distracting myself at work is tough. My brain is too cluttered to do serious programming. Furthermore, its not easy to keep doing it non-stop for so long. I have been taking a long time, but there are always other things that I have to do first. I need a long break soon... I hope I can really move on.. This may be a good time for me to seriously consider if I wan to take up the job or not....

Ok, bedtime for me! Bed time's b4 12 today!

No comments: