Of Nature

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

3.24AM

Yes, now is 3.24AM of 28Dec2004. Couldn't sleep until I wrote down what I did today heh heh... Else later I sleep, wake up will forget liao heh. Must write it down while the details are fresh in my mind. And also earlier on I was planning my timetable for my last semester in NUS jus had the rough sketch out.

It was an adventure of art today. Went around with Amy to see the statues by Botero. Wow, his is a rather gd sculptor I must say. I'm not exactly an arty person la. But his bronze sculptures were very nice lo. Very interesting and fat haha... But so cute. Like the big head the most. Of his sculptures that is. Its actually located at the entrance of the esplanade, Theatres On The Bay. It was drizzling when we went to take the picture, and the rain made the Head look like it was sweating. It was so cool man.

Our adventure actually began at Suntec City. There was the Woman with the Mirror there, at the convention hall there. Then, we proceeded on to the Esplanade, where most of the exhibits were. After which, we finally went to the Art Museum to see the 2 other sculptures, Dancers and Cat. And, we visited the paintings by Botero in the Art Museum. I was really impressed lo. I mean wow... I'm not an expert in such things but then I felt really different when I was looking at the paintings. Its this phrase I read from some board in the Museum "The fun is to imagine and guess." Its like when u look at a painting, its quite fun to think of what the artist is trying say through the picture and how all the details are relevant to how he feels and stuff. (Wow, I suddenly sound very philosophical") Anyway, but it was quite fun looking at his paintings. All the things are like all "fattened up". Its his style I guess. While we were at the Museum we visited the other exhibitions that were on display as well. There was Blink!, an exhibit about the history of Singapore. Amy and I almost fell asleep watching this video about the history of Singapore haha. Dun noe it was becos the place was too cosy or the film was too boring haha. The first film about Pulau Senang was rather interesting. In case u din noe, it seems like Pulau Senang used to be the place where prisoners like gangsters went for like correction order like that. They went there, built their own housing, farmed, and studied, basically making themselves self-sufficient. The film somehow depicted the prisoners as having a rather fulfilling time lo. Very occupied with alot of self-entertainment. Well, they were only gangsters, not that serious offence back in those days. So more relaxed. I forgot about the 2nd film though haha...

We continued our journey to some Art Education thing which had most activities for school groups and kids la. There was this super BIG fast food exhibit which I thought was quite cool heh heh.

After combing the whole museum, we took the Cat and finally were on our way home. It was a rather different experience given that I have NEVER been to the Art Museum the past 21 years. I dun even think we went there during our primary excursion days. If we did, den it really never left me any impression lo heh. And I haven't really looked so seriously at sculptures and paintings. Feeling quite happy experienced something new heh heh.

Herm now for some serious thoughts. Asia Tsunami Disaster. It's really a very great scale disaster lo.... First it hit so many places, and it hit a few tourists spots some more lo. A time of fun and enjoyment has suddenly become such a great disaster. Seeing those who managed to escape being swept away by the waves makes me realised that death is really up to fate one lo. If u're meant to go, u'll go. The vulnerability of life. I think the people didn't even really know what hit them.
Of cos there is a question I have that were the movement of the plates detected by the high tech machines that many countries have? Or was the plate movement sudden? Must ask Geographical pple. When i studied about tsunamis when I was in secondary sch, and seeing one animated in Armageddeon (I think, or was it the other space end of the world show. anyway,) I never thought there would be a real life one. Seeing the footages shown on tv. Its really amazing what the sea can do! Just increases my fascination with the sea. Hoping to realise my scuba dream soon.... My mum's still nagging at me for having even THOUGHT about it. Especially after the tsunami. Haizz... If I take with the NUS scuba club it will be cheaper lo. Cos alot of things student rate... but den having one semester left, I dun think I'll have much chance lo. Next time den. Jus pay more only.

Wow, its 4 am now. A very long entry today heh... Tml going Fortune Yum Cha with my family again. Ate that like 3 times in 7 days lo.... Had vouchers den. But tml nite I dun noe wha the occassion leh.... This time its for dinner though. My dad paying den jus go lo hahaha.

Haven't asked my dad if can stayover for Debz's bday... think tml should ask... chances look very slim though... cos went out too much the past few days. I'll try haha so can go clubbing heh heh... Its been a while since I went heh heh....

Opps its 4.05am now. Time for bed liao. My dark rings have gotten very bad again due to my sleeping late. Must try slp early! Tml still have to continue planning timetable some more....


No comments: