Of Nature

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Greetings from Vietnam

Hi everyone!!

I am SO SO excited to type this post, because this is the first time I am writing a post from VIETNAM!!!

And yes, I got my long awaited birthday present!! The crown of Miss Earth Singapore 2008!!!

Hahaha... there is really rally so much so much that have to say about this pageant. And the whole journey has been a wonderful experience.. And winning has been a wonderful experience!!

And here I am in Vietnam, representing Singapore!! Hahaha.. Just very very honoured to be representing SIngapore!!

I'm bunking in with Vivien, the project coordinator. and well, we are both just slack haha.. SHe is still downstairs, somewhere out there, while I am in the room and typing this post heehee.. wah I like the free wifi!! Haha...

Well, today is day 1 of being in Ho Chi Min City. Dad and Mum sent me off from the airport. Pretty cool. Then once we touched down, we had quite alot of activities. We went to the ao dai store, where we get a new ao dai!! Yes, Vietnam's traditional costume!! N I get to keep it!!! ANd there are just so many reporters and pple that just keep taking and taking pictures!! The feeling is jus like being a celebrity! Then after that we had lunch! Buffet style!!! Yum yum, Viet Food! It was at the Majextic Hotel heehee.. And we are staying in the New World Hotel! We just finished a press conference, where the local reporters asked us questions!! Well, I must say I was pretty nervous. It felt like the international stage!! BUt then I guess this is really good practice!! And I'm enjoying myself, and having fun. We are waiting for dinner with the ministers later at about 6pm HCMC time.

I rally want to document alot of things down!! This is truly a life changing experience. This is so so so fun!!

And last night I was still worried about things. And we spent like the whole night at Cheryl's place looking for clothes to wear for today!! N Cheryl has benn SO SO nice to lend me like my whole wardrobe of very nice clothes!! She is such a tasteful lady!! And she is so so so nice!!

Anyway, so yeah, now waiting waiting heehee... The pple in Vietnam are so nice! And we met a few Singaporeans as well. Ok, still have like 4 more days to go, and one more dinner heehee... :) One more dinner before Genecia comes and join us!!

No comments: