Of Nature

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I suck at resigning

Well, not that there are pple really good at it, but I think I must b the WORST ever.

Took my resignation letter to boss. Den kena prep talk for like 2 hrs. Got told to go back think till monday. Den after lunch, tried again. Den got another prep talk for anohter hr. Got alot of things that I would want, got promises and better perks la. Provided, I stay till June or July.

Got advice, even got offers to go other places haha.. It was just a really weird thing lo. Den I was put in this really awkward situation. HE jus kept persuading me to stay and jus kept asking for anything I want he'll try to give...

And in conclusion, my letter is sitting in the drawer of my table still.. What a lousy unsuccessful resignation la. ANd I got till Monday to think about it. Decided to let the Gods decide bwahaha...

Told my parents I resigned already, and as expected, they started their grumble lo. I jus continue with my low profile.. Not gonna tell them the truth until I'm very sure. And if I dun go, i think that would be a better news for them.

Many are wondering why am I still considering when I already got the job. And why did I go for it if I was not even sure about it? Well, I went cos I jus wanted to try out. I din think I would have made it through. Now that I have, its getting a bit hard to imagine. Imagine myself in the kebaya, going for the courses, waking up at unearthly hours to reach the airport, getting tekan by seniors, dealing with unreasonable passengers. Den again, this is the challenge I would like to take up.

The change in job scope and monetary terms, and the chance to learn is also tempting. But I will still be stuck in IT line. So I'm not that sure as well. The monetary terms is the best lo.. I mean more money means I can do more things lo. And it will be at a place I am comfortable in, I will be near my frens and family, and MOST importantly, everyone will be very happy lo. And I will be happy with my higher pay and when everybody else is happy. As to SIA, if I take this path, then I would just have to treat working in SQ as jus something I was not meant to do lo. I could look for happier things other place.

It would seem silly la. But den depends on what I think of by Monday lo..

Sometimes I wonder if my boss is too wonderful.

No comments: