Just had my orientation at SICC on Friday. it was like ALOT of information and ALOT of stuff la. I just hope they DON'T expect me to remember everything at once lo. The HR pple are really nice sia.. I wonder if its part of the job scope. They really make u feel very welcomed into the family.. den again, one cant b too careful rite... den she brought me ard de WHOLE area, almost the whole place la just de most of de area where I am suppose to know so I can survive there.
Met my colleagues there also. had 3 other female colleagues n one male manager. One of them was a new gal too, who started work last Monday. I wonder if she is an intern or a perm staff. She seemed really young n frenly too. She gave me this "I was in your shoes" kinda look. Ok la. I should be able to click with her if I wanna I guess. The manager's really weird lo. He asked what's the reason that I went there for the intern. So I said the reason I really did it lo Get working experience, see what's the job like" blah blah blah. Den he was like that's a very standard answer. And he further went on to say u have to tell me the real reason. And I was like HUH? And I tried to think REALLY hard of another reason to humour him lo. But I really couldn't think of any. So I jus shook my head and gave him a blank look lo. Den he was like do u have to do a project? So I just replied that I finished my project liao. Cos I really finished it liao ma.. And he was like stumped and got a puzzled look on his face. Haha... that was a very funny first meeting la. And managed to make my manager blur! Muahaha! Will be having one of the female colleagues as my sup though. And have to learn .NET framework and ASP lo! Oh he asked those qns after he asked me wat programming languages I know. And I could ONLY say I knew JAVA. Lucky I was signed in already, so he can't do anything. So u start to wonder how come the HR pple employ you when they dun even noe wat the IT dept wants! Weird company la!
Anyway, so now I gotta learn ASP.net. Looking quite forward to learning more about it actually. Was suppose to use that for 66. But I decided to stick to my JSP la. But ok la. THInk should have not much problem learning. Different languages just have different libraries and stuff lo. I just need to get the logic rite. And I'm proud to say after the 2 projs I did, my programming really not bad lo! Monday's first day of work. Quite stressed.. The first few days will have this part-time fellow teaching me wat to do with the program I in-charge of. Rather exciting too. I like the intern feeling. Cos I'm a student and they can't expect much of me! Hahaha!
And the worst part?! Cos after the orientation, it was like quite late, and there was no shuttle bus leaving during that period of time! So I had to take cab la! Lucky I had money on me lo. Else I really dun noe how to get out of the place sia! Yeah spent $6.80 on the cab frm there to AMKCC, to get my refund. So had a bit of money.. Still, it was $6.80 lo! If I had taken bus, max price would be like $3.00? Ok la. AT least I dun have to walk... I just hope it doesn't happen again when I go for work..
So now I need to get new pants for work, and new shoes. Heh heh.. Got my mum a new bag for mother's day. Steffan contributed too! hee score point! My mum like keep smiling. I jus hope the bag is useful lo..
Had a great day today! But also got bad things happen lo. Not very bad la.. but den a bit sad leh.. Steffan's laptop crashed, so he gotta spend money to fix it. But there's a twist to the story again! Ha gonna be SUPER long entry!
ok, Steffan's laptop actually crashed like 2 days ago I think. And heis warranty have been over just 2 weeks lo! And he din buy the applecare extended warranty. So, it means that his laptop repairs will NOT be covered by Apple lo. So he decided to try his luck and sent it to the Wheelock place, the place where he bought the laptop, to repair lo. But the tech division not open la! And its Sat lo. They wont be there until Mon?! Like WTH?! So we went over to the MACshop at Funan. The person there quite nice. Recommended him to try his luck at the AppleCenter, see if they can help him cover, and also recommend him his next step lo. They not like some shops which will insist u get it fixed in the shop.
So we went up to the Apple center upstairs, and the pple there were able to let him extended his warranty lo. They change the date, so that it would seem like he bought the extended warranty 2 weeks ago, and thus his repairs now will be covered. So now he's covered for another 2yrs! Yippee! And they will also help him recover his data if they can. So good la! N they also noe how to do business man. So his problem is fixed.. but he is laptop-less for the next month or so.. Cos since they are worried that he will bring the laptop to repair place, they want to keep the laptop there to make sure he can't send it in. Else there will be discrepencies. Like the repair center will be thinking his warranty is over, since their database havent been updated. So today he came to my house to use my laptop. ANd now he got excuse to come to my place later in the nite heehee... He almost missed his bus today even. Haha.
Did I mention that my brother's motherboard got problem again?! I think its totally dead lo. Pple at Sim Lim really cannot make it sia. Ask him buy this buy that den still cannot work lo! So I think he'll be buying a new desktop! I think he's looking at Dell. No more fixing our own! Even if he wanna, I wont recommend him to do it! ALWAYS spoil one leh. N everytime spoil is MAJOR problem one lo! Dun noe what is the problem also... I thnk its the way he use lo... I was thinking ask Danny to fix. Jus suddenly remembered he got help pple fix b4 so should be quite trustworthy.. will have to see if he has time though..
Oh, met up with Des on Fri also. We like jus met online den decided to meet up haha. LIke FINALLY! Passed her her present which is almost 3 months over due! Haha.. we just sat down n chatted and chatted. Missed the times when a group of us will just sit ard and chat and chat, with no worries about tml... Haizz.. And its amazing like even though i and her dun meet often, we still can talk for very long lo! Our next date is to shop together! Ha... Dun noe when that will come true haha.. We went walked around to look for the bag I wanna get for my mum, and see got new pants so I can wear to work.
Met Adrian on my way to the MRT but cos my mind was thinking about soemthing else so I was damn slow lo! Haha.. he was like waving at me and I jus stared at him with a blank look. haha it took sometime to process who the person was. haha...
Among all these things the WORST thing to happen is my necklace broke lo! So sad ok?! Is my bf buy for me one leh.. And its damn ex, and it broke la! Tml gonna bring down to the place to see if there is any way to fix it or something. Sad now.. Ok shall go slp den. Hope they will have an exchange or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment