Of Nature

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Job hunting

I'm beginning my job hunting officially. Even though I quite stuck in my internship, I think its time to start looking, since the processing time will take some time. Companies will need to wait till the deadline, and need time to arrange interviews and watever they will need to do. So 2 months should be enuogh.

I've applied a few jobs in the ecareerfair by NUS. Tml will noe if there is any response. Hope there is... At least let me go for the interview or something. The market seems a bit slow.. Or mebbe cos I havent been browsing through the newspaper. Jus looking for jobs online. I have those recruitment agencies to fall back on anyway.

Well, decided to go into the IT line in the end. Ha dun noe y also. This intern is also freaking me out, which requires one to know like EVERYTHING from networking, to setting up servers, to troubleshooting, to a bit of programming, to customer service! Yes, customer service, since members of the Country Club can call us directly and we are suppose to give them assistance. And we have to be polite and blah blah blah.

But I dun need to know all those stuff. I jus do my programming, testing and documentation. Which is quite lucky liao. N yes, my boss is rather demanding. Someone who thinks no one is able to meet his demands, including himself. So there! I take it as, dun have to try too hard. haha

Today boss wasn't in heh heh.. THink he taking some course or somthing I also not sure. But heard he wont be in tml too! Heh heh good good! Den there will be less tension in the office, and we need not chat with each other on MSN haha.. Its not that we cant chit chat in the office, but den its weird still lo. Especially when boss is ard...

Den Friday they cleaning up the server room. Which leaves only me in the IT office. So I have to take all calls, and mebbe transfer them downstairs, or do some lying. Heh... So I in office alone again ha!

Today went for bowling. Its part of the benefits for working in the Club. Tuesday is bowling day, where staff can play 3 free games from 12-7pm. So we had lunch in office, den went down and played 3 games in 45 mins! I din play la. Desmond, Karen and Angelina did. I was still aching from the workout yesterday lo. Now my back is in pain... Anyhow, we jus play lo since its free. Ha.. should do that more often sia haha.. Make the best use out of it.

Desmond and Karen are from my dept. Karen's the one who resigned after 3 weeks of work. SHe just gotta fulfil her 2 weeks' notice lo. Officially her last day is 6th June, which is like next Monday. Now left me and Desmond and gary in the office. Desmond and me for lunch.. sigh... Think it will get worse for Desmond who will have lunch alone when I leave. I mean provided Gary havent found another new person to come in.

Angelina's the new intern from Temasek Poly in the Marketing and Communications Dept next door to ours. She's suppose to help in designing and help Chris out with the website. So she joins us for lunch and stuff. She also IA, so also quite slack ha. Mostly she hangs out with the MarComm pple. It's when Chris comes along with us, den we'll go for lunch tog.

2 more months in SICC.. Can't wait for it to end. The food really SUCKS!! ARGH!!! Actually I should say the food for staff is TERRIBLE lo!! I think its worse den army food! Now that SAF is having their food catered, I begin to suspect the cook they fired is now in SICC! Its SO terrible, and they say its healthy. So much oil and they say it follow the recommended diet! PUI! Rubbish! Jus like the company!

Heard the GM is a rather notorious person in the industry. Managed to shrink his employee size in other organizations. Ha not by downsizing I tell u, but his staff resign cos they cant stand him. Oops.. I wonder if I would be charged with defamation.. Err.. I hope not *cross fingers* This is jus something I heard lo. Oh well, we can see with the funny things he implemented he is not that easy-going la.

No CSI tonight because of Ms Universe... Sigh.. Looking forward to next tues. Ha not only hoping I will get my pay soon, also, so got CSI again lo!N means I'm one week closer to the end of my internship haha...

Oh, SOC gradball change venue liao. To Marriott sia! Wah 5-star leh! N each person only 38 lo! den again, I wonder wat type of food it will be la. But they were saying its sit down style. Which means it will be good if can get like 1 table with ur frens. Else things will b VERY awkward. ASked Steffan if he wanted to go and without hesitation, he say he willing to go with me lo! Wah So touched he dun mind the possibility of feeling out of place. So I here ask everyone who wanna go try Marriot's food or jus wan a gathering and fun, we gather and form one table and go? Need not be SOCians also can one! Need not be graduating even. Heh.. Jus 38 bucks! Will be held in July. Waiting for them to confirm date soon heh.. N that I hopefully I dun have to work the next day.. Else cannot have fun, and the next day go work also sian.

Slp time! C u peeps ard in MSN ha. Feel free to msg me! =) Nites!

No comments: