Another day of slacking on Saturdays morning while at work. Gonna update my blog since I din do it last nite.
Yesterday was a GREAT day. First trip to the bloodbank and VIRGIN BLOOD DONATION!!
Why the sudden idea to go for blood donation? Now thinking back, I can't really remember. I jus know that the whole process happened really fast, and well, I've done it! I remember the first time I really came across blood donation was in JC. Had this really massive drive in school and under everyone's influence, everyone was very enthusiastic to try out blood donation. When everyone's doing it, and furthermore there's nothing wrong with blood donation, you will tend to want to be part of the crowd. Only thing was, I was having my period. And so no donation for me. And when the crowd got too big to handle for the nurses, many were referred to the Bloodbank. I guess the number dropped if there was alot of traveling to be done. When I asked my parents about blood donation, they were not particularly supportive. I still needed the consent form. And after that, I jus sort of forgot about it.
Recently been hearing Chris mention about the blood donation and well, feeling rather bored, I decided mebbe I should go for it lo. Do something good. Furthermore, looking at the blood meter, the amount for my blood group was in the warning region.
Made an appointment online, on Tuesday, together with our intern. Haha she's got psycho-ed into alot of things since she came into our office. SO yesterday after work, Chris, Hui Shan and I trooped down to the Bloodbank. There wasnt much of a crowd, fortunately. And so everything went very fast.
We took a form, registered ourselves, answered the questionaire, went for a doctor's checkup, den blood test for iron content in the blood(this was the most painful of all the jabs. Its the same procedure as when they take the blood sample to make our IC), and well, blood donation!! And Hui Shan counldn't go for the donation cos her iron content is too low. For me, I seem like the perfect candidate. The nurses there were very nice, very friendly and helpful. My veins pooped up pretty fast. While the lady next to me, ws her first time too, But I overheard they couldn't find her veins, so she was passed over for donation. They tried looking on both arms, but was unable to find it. There was the sanitizing of the skin where the needle was going to go in, followed by a local anesthetic, and in goes the needle to draw blood. No pain! Other den during the blood test and the local anesthetic. And it was rather fast. Over in about 10-15 mins. And u're suppose to rest there to make sure there are no discomfort after the blood donation. Den there is the pump for souvenier, and a coupon for the milo and bread. And Iron tablets. I can go back again about 3 months later, although the card says 13th Oct 2006. Shall see when OCt comes hee.. Wonder if I would still keep it up heh heh.
No strenous activities for me for the next 10-12 hours. The wound's still there. Which looks like a mosquito bite. But my arm is hurting a little. Especially the vein I tell you. When I exert too much force or move my arms too fast, it will have this feeling when one rubs on a bruise. So still feeling a bit weird even after a good nite's slp. Shall drink more water to make sure I replenish the water loss.
After the blood donation, we went to chinatown, to look at the many many beads shop that are located at the People's Park Complex. A really cool place sia! And I really find that Chinatown is really a not bad place to hang out. There are many nice food and many interesting things! ANd since now Steffan is along the NEL line, most probably that area will be our hang out heh heh.
Another 2 more hours to knock off.
More about the latest activitites I do to make my life more exciting. I signed up for a jewellery making course! The price is rather affordable, and its conducted over 4 sessions, 2hrs each. The location is really near, and its starting next week!! Wah so excited sia! Anyone wan to join me? I think the class is still open heh heh. Now my afterwork activities are more, and well, more fulfilling I hope.
I've got golf, and jewllery making to kill time. And now that laptop is back, I can play online games, watch my CSI. Not to forget the books I borrowed from the library. 2 John Grisham and a CSI comic!! I sure can keep myself entertained haha. But I sure need the elements of frens. Maybe shall organise something. Oh yes, there's still KTV! Haha..
Looking for khakis to watch Lady in the Water. Anyone interested contact me! Watching on weekdays, after work hours will be good. Heh heh. I think its a rather interesting show esp after the trailer. Not to mention, its by M Shaymalam. The master of twists. But I hope this twist is a good one. Heard the one for The Village was a flop. Mayb I will watch that in Genting if nobody watches with me. Ha cheap movies next weekend!! Or mebbe on my own. Did that once, can do it again. :)
Counting the hours to knock off. WOrking on Sat is so very really sucky sia. And nothing is done too. Or mebbe I'm just slack. Haha.. But everyone in office is not doing much too. Ha Siew Yin and boss are wiping computers and tables haha. Margaret is downstairs. She seems to be coming in every Saturday sia!! THinking if I should change my shift back with Chris. Previously changed my Sat shift so that Steffan and I can be off the same Saturdays. And I ended up being on the same shift as boss. Which means, when I slack, I gotta be a bit more careful la. But if I want to change back, I'll have to work for consecutive Saturday, which, I'm quite tired to do it la. And I've got no reason to do it actually.. so hmm.. shall see how things goes ba... August is coming so fast sia.. And so is pay day haha.
With pay day, I;ve gotta pay my hp bill first, keep aside expenses for gym subscription and my cpf loan, and hopefully I will have enough to rebond my hair... still need to dye it a few months later. Looking for good lobangs and good recommendations!
Really bored now. Mebbe I shall go pack my office table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment